Every night, dozens of billionaires curl up with an underfed model, wondering where their next plate of wealth-affirming foie gras will come from. But heartless Americans don’t care. They want billionaires to pay for universal healthcare, universal basic income (UBI), free college, and a pocket comb for Bernie.
What if they met every demand? Would we be satisfied? What if the real problem is something far more sinister? Find out what it is – and what we can do about it – on the latest episode of The McFuture Podcast with Steve Faktor.
Links from the episode:
- Utopia for Realists by Rutger Bregman
- The Great Leveler: Violence and the History of Inequality from the Stone Age to the Twenty-First Century by Walter Scheidel, Stanford professor, on the four ‘fixes’ for inequality
- What Money Can’t Buy by Harvard philosopher Michael Sandel (and related article) Forget Socialism Versus Capitalism. Here’s the Real Debate We Should Be Having.
- My take on inequality – Inequality We Trust
- That recycling video from World Economic Forum of all the amazing things you can do with plastic water bottles
- Brilliant illustration (video) of corruption in our system by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez…and the irony.
- FIJI Water Leads Bottled Water Industry In Looking Green(er) – Where are the riots??
- I warned us in 2011 the 99%-ers are coming
- Nick Hanauer wrote in 2014 The Pitchforks Are Coming… For Us Plutocrats
- 62% of American millionaires and 67% of the world’s billionaires are self-made
- “there are approximately six million unfilled skilled labor jobs in America” – Entrepreneur
- The US has 585 billionaires with a combined net worth of around $2.5 trillion