Is there anything more dangerous than [doing a podcast with] a Cancel Survivor? Josh Denny was a former retail executive-turned comedian & Food Network star, until his controversial (and malicious) cancellation, erasure, and firing from his next job. We discuss Josh’s discuss his resurrection as an advertising executive at WILL. And Josh and I share grizzled lessons in business, with a dash of politics and comedy (which recently merged).
Bonus episode with Josh + tons of exclusives at Patron.com/McFuture
- The perfect gift to save your relationship
- How Josh got canceled
- Killing corporate creativity
- Brands & morality
- Why stories are all that’s left
- Stolen slices, helpful pepperoni & greedy intermediaries
- The problem with thought leadership & eating your own cooking
- Should normal people ever go on social media? And the network best poised to benefit
- Politics, authenticity & the media “lie-catcher”
- The only kind of diversity that matters – that no one ever talks about
- Motivating C-players
- Developing a personal identity
- The humbling: making ends meet, after cancellation
- Hollywood (business) endings
On the member-only Patreon episode, we discuss:
- Relationships & why no one wants Steve or Josh
- Comedians cancelled on accusations/Free Ellen!
- Josh on Steve’s competitive advantage & how to get bigger audiences with his videos
- Steve advises Josh on a whole new way to do web bios that defeat whiteness!
Become a Patreon supporter to get lots an member-only bonus with Josh & lots of great exclusives & pre-releases.