My guest today is the provocative and fearless Glenn Loury, Professor of Economics at Brown University. He is an outspoken critic of Black Lives Matter and our new ‘Awokening’ . His dissent is rooted in a lifetime dedicated to studying racial inequality and effective social policy solutions. Glenn Loury became the first black tenured professor of Economics at Harvard University in 1982. He’s also taught at Boston University, Northwestern, and University of Michigan. He is a prolific writer and social commentator. Links to his work can be found at GlennLoury.com.
In this episode we cover EVERYTHING:
- How far can the Wokeness revolution go?
- Will we cancel MLK?
- Why protesters are “playing with fire”
- Role of belief and truth
- Can Professor Loury save me from Conspiracyland?
- Corporate-sponsored racism (with special bonus at the end)
- Affirmative action
- Real solutions to poverty
- The professor’s personal struggles and road to redemption
You don’t want to miss this.
PS – Yes, I know, the production is a work in progress…
Become a Patreon supporter to get lots of exclusives & pre-release episodes.
If you can’t join right now, be sure to share, subscribe & review the podcast on iTunes or your favorite app.
PPS – Also check out this great interview with Glenn on Reason.com.