Ever get the urge to run all your wild theories by a Nobel Prize-winning economist? Well, I got to do just that with the former Chief Economist of the World Bank, Columbia University Professor, and author of:
- People, Power, and Profits: Progressive Capitalism for an Age of Discontent
- The Euro: How a Common Currency Threatens the Future of Europe
We left no stone unturned in a tight 40-minute tour-de-force that covered EVERYTHING, including:
- Why investor “Peter Thiel should study a little economics”
- Technological unemployment: will we have enough jobs for 10B people?
- How to fix monopolies
- Why innovation isn’t working
- What’s the right amount/pace of immigration?
- From pre-school to college, is education the great equalizer?
- Free markets vs. regulation
- Banking/Finance vs. values
- Why inequality = anxiety
- How to save a failing Europe, EU and Euro
- Legitimacy of Brexit
- Aging populations
- Minimum Wage
- Viability of free trade zones
- Bernie Sanders/Donald Trump
Be sure to share, subscribe & review the podcast on iTunes.