Over the last twenty years, China fed our zombie-like appetite for iPhones, Prada, and Snuggies. At the same time, its biggest customer, the United States, found itself in debt, under-educated, and covered with recreational tattoos. So now what? Will America wallow in mediocrity like Greece or some C-list celebrity? Or, will our legendary ingenuity save us from Tweeting . . . and eating our way to irrelevance? Econovation is a bold, witty response to those questions that doesn't rely on miracles or government for answers. It challenges business leaders to think differently about the next decade of the U.S. economy and respond with big, sustainable innovations. Econovation is a trends book on steroids bursting with practical, thought-provoking ideas no executive, entrepreneur, or Fed Chairman can afford to miss.
Most importantly, Econovation envisions a very different future. It's one ruled by 'producerism' not consumerism. It's a future in which real innovators must do more than slide a greasy finger over the screen of an iPad. Econovation uncovers opportunities in unexpected places. You'll learn how to:
- Capitalize on a market that will go from making nothing to making everything . . . for China
- Use psychological pricing and some crafty tricks from Google to reduce reliance on tapped-out consumers
- Sell to consumers whose new identities will be based on what they create, not what they buy, click or super-size
- Seduce a desperate government to finance your business, then feed you pancakes in the morning
- Motivate tomorrow's employees with social currency instead of the green, depreciating kind
- Upgrade your business and your kids with a little help from Mormons and kindergartners with hacksaws
Econovation is a fresh perspective on a future we've taken for granted. It empowers readers to think big, dream big, and conquer economic conditions that will paralyze others. With a hefty dose of data, humor, and actionable ideas, Econovation offers insight and amusement in one convenient place - a rare treat for a business book.